Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sexual Polarity Between The Feminine And Masculine

I was introduced to the author David Deida before my divorce, and have listened to two of his audiobooks a number of times over the years:

The Way Of The Superior Man
Enlightened Sex

He's got other books out, but these two were so meaty on their own that I haven't felt the need to move on to the many other books he's written, quite yet.

(erm, wow, there's a lot of them, on tantra, finding God, enlightenment, etc etc)

These books introduced to me the concept of Feminine and Masculine essences, and how Sexual Polarity actually works within relationships.


Not All Feminine, Not All Masculine

A basic premise to Deida's writings is that men and women are physical shells and their sex does not determine what their default "essences" will be.  Women have distinctly masculine essences in certain areas of their lives, while being obviously feminine in others, while Men can also have feminine qualities while also obviously being masculine in others.

Deida speaks of emotional development through life phases that both men and women share, but experience differently because of their base roles in each phase, and I have found these explanations to be equally profound each time I've listened to the audio over the last five or so years.

Learning To Surrender, To Play Into Sexual Polarity

I'll admit, as my last serious relationship broke down further and further, I took on more and more of a masculine role in my own life.  I nurtured less, I focused less on loving, I took charge more, I decided direction and went with it, to hell with others who whined but had no logic to back up their complaints.

Now, over the last few years I've been nurturing the feminine within me little by little, bringing her out gently by the hand to allow her to whisper to me what her world looks like and what brings her joy.  I've been strengthening her confidence that I'll listen, by taking part in what she suggests.

Laying in my bed, in my workshop in my mind, she introduces me to the polar masculine traits that are magnetized to her, and together we feel the intensity of that connection.  It's like a little taste of what's to come if I continue to trust her.

Thank you, David Deida.  You've got great stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment