Friday, April 9, 2010

How To Tell You're Not Ready To Date


Dating isn't for the faint of heart.

It's not easy to put yourself out there, put your ego on the line, or to risk either being rejected or being glommed onto by someone very desperate.

If you're not sure about your personal worth, or if you have self-esteem issues, there's nothing to say that you "shouldn't" date, but there's something to the thought that... perhaps you're not as ready as you'd like to believe you are.

An Example Of A Guy Who Just Ain't Ready


I was wandering around on OKCupid tonight, tweaking my profile to try to attract more responses, etc etc, when I got bored and started wandering around to new areas of the site I hadn't visited before.

I came across the Journals section of the site, and started to scroll through the most recent entries page. Nice that they're all filtered so it's all just guys within my required age range (not physical location range however), so I'm not reading all the women's posts too :)

One of the entries I came across made me laugh out loud, but not because the author was in any way trying to be that funny.

I thought to share it with you here:

Subject: ?????????

People, if you are not interested in talking to someone, could you please have the common courtesy to at least send a messege back, letting them know that you are not interested in talking, instead of ignoring them all together?

i know what alot of you women are thinking, why do fat, ugly guys even have profiles on here? well, i'm sorry, but we want to be loved to, so i'll tell you what i'm gonna do..., in about a wekk, or less, i'm gonna delete this profile, and then none of you will have to worry about me looking at your profiles, and sending a messege just simply saying hello!

My Response To The OKCupid Journal Dude


I wouldn't bother posting a response to his Journal, that's why I'm posting it here:

*blink in shock* LOL!

Dude... in NO WAY is there any "common courtesy" required on these online dating sites when it comes to having been contacted by someone who was interested in our profile. They don't HAVE to say "no" to you, and if you contact them too many times, it'll be YOU who gets in trouble for the lack of courtesy!

And wow, what a "woe is me" paragraph there he's got going on!

I just shake my head in complete confusion as to why him deleting his profile is a punishment or bad thing for any of the rest of us that he may be trying to contact.

Do guilt tactics like these REALLY attract any chicks for ya, man?

No comments:

Post a Comment