Saturday, April 17, 2010

My Secret To Fix Hair Frizz


I've got long hair.

Not super long, but long enough that it reaches my shoulders at its shortest, and since I only get cuts once or twice a year, the length creeps down my back over time and gets decently long.

And not only do I have long hair, but I have CURLY hair. And for those of us with natural curl in our hair, we're oh-so-familiar with one horrible thing: hair frizz!

As an athlete, I've gone through many periods of struggle with trying to fix my hair after damaging it in some way: swimming for hours a week in a chlorinated pool, holding it back for hours at a time with unfriendly hair elastics for other sports, and in general exposing it to dry air for months at a time in our cold wintry climate.

I've tried many solutions: used the heaviest of conditioners, avoided hair dryers and hair sprays, tried all kinds of after-shower spritz sprays... and they all worked, but only to a small degree. My hair was still unbelievably frizzy during all seasons, it's just that it was completely unmanagable when I didn't use the "taming" products, so unbelievably frizzy WAS an improvement.

Have You Found A Conditioner Strong Enough?


In my experience, most hair conditioners do their job way too daintily.

Many of them, like all of the conditioning products from my favorite soap and shampoo store Lush Cosmetics smell WONDERFUL and garner many compliments from those around me, but seem to do absolutely nothing to help tame my mane.

I use the VO5 hot oil conditioning treatment twice a month, and I'll admit, that does help a bit.

Do you know of a heavy duty conditioner that doesn't cost an arm and a leg that you could recommend to me?

Otherwise, I'll just continue doing what I've been doing ...

And I'll tell you all about it in Part Two!

No comments:

Post a Comment